Sport properties have been regarded as the most effective way to reach out to millions of consumers around the world. Since 2002, Gameplan has been marketing sponsorship rights for series and tournaments on behalf of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. This includes title rights, co-sponsorships and, in many cases, instadia display rights.
Tournaments marketed by Gameplan have usually been outstanding in terms of organisational, commercial and sporting success, finding extensive coverage in both print and electronic media. Sponsors have leveraged their brand by their presence on players’ clothing and accessories, advertising boards in premium positions, advertising on sightscreens and ground signs.
- 2010 : Royal Stag was associated as partners with Central Stags of New Zealand
- 2009 : Royal Stag was associated as partners with Cape Cobras of South Africa
- 2009 : Pepsi with Somerset
- 2009 : Lays and Pepsi with Sussex
- Royal Stag was associated with the Black Caps on the leading arm of their match wear during their tour of India.
- 2002 : Gameplan successfully marketed the title rights sponsorship for the Test and ODI series during the West Indies tour of India. The Test series was sponsored by Exide and the ODIs were sponsored by TVS Motors.
- 2003 : Gameplan helped the Board of Control for Cricket in India form a consortium comprising Videocon International, TVS Motor Company Ltd and Pepsi to market title rights for international cricket series in India for three years from 2003-06.
- 2003 : In association with the Asian Cricket Council (ACC), Gameplan helped form an Asian Cricket Package between September and December, in which Videocon agreed to sponsor three tournaments — the Videocon Asian Emerging Teams' Cup played in Sri Lanka, the Asian Under-19 Cup played in Pakistan and the Kenstar Cup (Asian A Teams) played in India.
- 2004 : We made our first foray into organising sponsorship for a hockey tournament during the India-Holland hockey test series. The Tatas sponsored the event, with Holland winning the Naval Tata Trophy in Hyderabad.
- 2004 : Gameplan got Standard Chartered Bank on board as the associate sponsor, for the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka. Gameplan also handled all the instadia production as well.
- 2004 : Gameplan handled the event management and instadia rights of the Videocon Cup tri-series held in Amsterdam, Holland, with Videocon International as title sponsor and ABN-AMRO Bank as co-sponsor.
- 2004 : When the BCCI held a one-day India-Pakistan match to celebrate its platinum jubilee at Eden Gardens Kolkata in November 2004, Gameplan marketed the title rights. The sponsors were TVS Motors, Pepsi, Ambuja Cement and Videocon.
- 2004 : Between October 2004 and April 2005, Gameplan successfully marketed title sponsorship and ground signage rights for series involving Australia, South Africa and Pakistan.
- 2004 : Gameplan marketed the sponsorship rights for the Indian cricket team's tour of Bangladesh, including complete instadia rights. The title sponsor was Videocon International.
- 2003 : Gameplan marketed the rights for the Irani Trophy and the Salve Challenger Trophy. TVS Motor Co. Ltd was the title sponsor for both tournaments.
- Gameplan helped to procure sponsorship for the first-ever FIFA International Friendly match between Argentina and Venezuela in India. The match was played at Kolkata on the 2nd September. Gameplan brought in Pepsi as pouring partners, and Imperial Blue and Fuel as associate partners. This was also the first match for Lionel Messi as the captain of Argentina.
- Gameplan facilitated the association between Pernod Ricard and Liverpool Football Club, the former announcing on August 30 that its brand Seagram's Fuel was to be a Regional Marketing Partner with the Premier League club in India. The fizz that these two prominent names exude should gel well to give Indian soccer fans a lot to shout about. The Anfield club, known world-wide for its skilful players, sparkling play and outstanding record on the football field matches the exciting and youthful category of Seagram's Fuel. Announcing the tie-up, Bikram Basu, Vice President- Marketing, Pernod Ricard India said: "This is Fuel's first involvement with sports in India, and it's fantastic to be associated with Liverpool Football Club. They are a distinguished Club with highly talented players, and supporters worldwide. The combination of the Reds and Fuel starts a winner."
- Gameplan facilitated an endorsement deal between Lee Westwood, one of the top stars of the golfing world, and Ballantine's.
- Gameplan facilitated the endorsement deals for ace golfers Shiv Kapur and Anirban Lahiri for Ballantine's Golf Retreats.
- Gameplan helped Jeev Milkha Singh get associated with Ballantine's as ther brand ambassador.